This is just a note to highlight the IP Business Congress 2009 in Chicago, USA. Andrew spoke at the 2008 event in Amsterdam, and enjoyed it immensely as both a speaker and as an attendee. This year’s event looks to be another good event, this time in the Windy City.
Speakers include some pretty big and interesting names:
- Francis Gurry, Director-General, WIPO
- Marshall Phelps, Corporate VP for IP Policy and Strategy, Microsoft
- Ruud Peters, CEO, Philips IP & Standards
- Daniel McCurdy, Chairman, PatentFreedom LLC
- John Amster, Co-CEO, RPX Corporation
- Aligning IP and business strategy
- Patent pools and standards
- IP as an asset class
- Meeting the NPE challenge
This event will incorporate the Chief Intellectual Property Officer (CIPO) Summit and the IP Hall of Fame Gala Dinner events. The whole thing is supported by IAM Magazine, whose marketing manager, Alan Mowat, has kindly made this offer to readers of Tangible IP:
I would be happy to offer your readers a 10% discount from the current price of attending the event. To get this special price they just need to email me and mention that they read about the event on your blog.