New and noteworthy links from around the web (copyright edition):
- Six things to know if your Facebook username has been squatted – Handy overview for Facebook’s new username feature that pops up when you login.
- Facebook v. Power Ventures: Fair use, misuse, and the fight for access to user-generated data – Scraping gets turn in court over Facebook data.
- Text of Decision in Davidoff v CVS (Removal of UPC Code On Grey Goods Is Actionable) – Very interesting avenue to target grey market (parallel import) goods and counterfeits.
- Wading Into the Posner/Hot News/Linking Brouhaha – Using hot news to expand copyright? Pushing the boundary as some content providers struggle.
- Record companies win $1.92 million | Internet Cases – Jammie Thomas retrial means 9x the original verdict…
- BBC NEWS | Technology | Pirate Bay site sold to game firm – Filesharing website Pirate Bay sold to gaming firm with plans to take it legit…