Just a quick note to say that we are really excited to be participating in a new webinar series for the European Venture Capital Association on IP and investing. Thank you very much to Bernd Geiger of Triangle Venture Capital Group and to Mineke and Ferhan of the EVCA team for thinking of us and for all their hard work. It looks to be a really fun series.
The first in the series will be on 23 September 2009 at 12 noon UK time (BST) or 13:00 CEST. The debut session will dive right in and tackle Best Practise in IP Diligence for Investors and address:
- what is IP and what are intangibles
- why should we care about IP (varying importance for different types of companies)
The session will then dive even deeper into:
- The real world vs the legal and theoretical approaches to diligence
- IP assets diligence (what questions to ask)
- IP risks diligence (working back from full freedom to operate)
- IP ownership (areas to specifically watch)
- Optional diligence areas (Strategy and Governance)
For more, including how to register, see the Best Practise in IP Diligence for Investors on the European Venture Capital Association website. You can always keep up with ipVA’s activities here and over at our news feed on ipvalueadded.com.